Friday, February 15, 2008

Day 2: Today is a wonderful day!

So i can't find my scriptures. Well i know where my English ones are, but i can't find my Spanish Triple, which is kind of annoying cuz i love reading in Spanish. SO i've been reading in English from the emails that the website sends me. Anyway here is my thoughts for what i read today.

1 Nephi 15:
24 And I said unto them that it was the word of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would hold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the temptations and the fiery darts of the adversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
25 Wherefore, I, Nephi, did exhort them to give heed unto the word of the Lord; yea, I did exhort them with all the energies of my soul, and with all the faculty which I possessed, that they would give heed to the word of God and remember to keep his commandments always in all things.

Really, what i thought about today wasn't so much about what the scripture says, it's more about what Nephi does and who he is. We know Nephi is a future prophet, so of course the Lord is going to prepare him to be one. Throughout the entire history of the family of Lehi, we know that Nephi...the youngest son...is basically the leader of the group. There are even times when Lehi and Sariah complain, and Nephi has to put them in their place so they could continue on in their journey and be blessed. I just find it extremely interesting just the extent that Nephi, at a young age, was able to teach and have the spirit. Chapter 15 consists of Nephi answering questions his brothers have about the Vision of the tree of life and about the Olive Tree symbolism. But overall, the thing i noted most was just the fact that after he taught a principle which was to hearken unto the word of God, he invited Laman and Lemuel to listen to the him; to listen to Lehi; to listen to the Lord. "With ALL THE FACULTY which i possessed." He just knew the thing which were true, and he believed in them SO much that i really don't think his brothers comprehended at all, the amount he wanted them to be righteous.

So today IS a wonderful day. I have the gospel in my life, i can see small things happening JUST by reading the scriptures daily again, and truthfully i'm happier than i have been in a long time.

No comments: